Contracted Dengue Fever while travelling. Delayed periods. Suggest?

Mar 2013
I am a 36 year old woman. In August I contracted Dengue Fever while travelling. My period occured at the time of diagnosis and then came the following month, September, a few days earlier than normal. I returned home at the end of September, and still have not had my period. Not sure if this is something to be concerned about, I am about 9 days late, negative pregnancy test.
Thank you.
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
You had the dengue fever in August, it would not affect your period in october.
Have you always had regular cycles ?
Travelling, stress, weight gain, anxiety , ingestion of medications for birth control or otherwise - all this could delay your period.
Once in a while, a woman might miss a period for no particular reason.
IF this is a once in a while occurrence, and not a rule, then do not worry.
If you do not have your period within a week more, repeat the pregnancy test.
If still negative, consult a gynecologist to rule out other conditions which might cause a missed period.
This could include thyroid hormone dysfunction, polycystic ovarian disease, endometrial hyperplasia.
All the best.
Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.