Continuous spells of lightheadedness with feeling of passing out. Test results normal. What could the cause be?

I have been lightheaded for about five months now with a constant feeling like I'm going to pass out. I've been everywhere and all tests came back normal: CT scan of the head, blood tests: iron, b12, blood levels everything ok, tilt table test was positive for orthostatic hypotension but that's not it because it's not only when I stand up. I need to get this figured out asap it's controlling my life. This came on in December randomly while I was sitting in class, I got really lightheaded and felt like I was going to pass out. About two weeks after that, my ears got plugged up and stayed plugged until I got ear tubes put in my ears in April. I am constantly feeling as if I'm going to pass out and I'm lightheaded. ENT said there is no infection or anything that could cause this and doesn't think it's ear-related because I don't have dizziness, just presyncope and lightheadedness. Thank you
Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 4 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The body's balancing mechanism is in the inner ear. If ENT (Ear Nose Throat) specialist has excluded its role, you should see a neurologist.
     Physical examination followed by EEG, MRA (MRI Angiography) may be necessary – unusual forms of seizure, birth defects of blood vessels and so on may have to be excluded

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck