Contact with the feces of potentially rabid animal spread rabies?

Can coming into contact with the feces of a potentially rabid animal spread rabies?

(I stepped on the dried feces of a skunk, I had socks on.) I don't know for a fact that the skunk in question was rabid, it was dragging it's tail along the ground and it looked to be struggling to use it's hind legs as it walked away, could have been injured. I stepped on the feces within the last 24 hours.

Anyway, just looking for a solid medical opinion on the matter, thanks.
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Guru 59 minutes later

The most common mode of spread of rabies is through virus-containing saliva of an infected animal. Very rarely infection may be through aerosol transmission and in some are instance through corneal and organ transplantations by infected humans.

Furthermore, according to CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) contact with the blood, urine or feces of a rabid animal, DOES NOT constitute an exposure.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please let me know!
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you good health!