Consumed parkavenue beershampoo thinking it was beer. Having cough, cold and headache. What are the adverse side effects?

Hi sir,
My friend consumed parkavenue beershampoo thinking that is beer. He consumed small amount after which he realised that its not beer. This happend 4 days ago. Till now there are no adverse effects where he was seriously ill.he has caugh,cold and headache. Does he need to take any medicine for this.As, it been 4 days does he need to stop worrying about this. please advise. thank u
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

It has been four days since the episode. Most toxicities present within hours or days. I think he should not have any serious problem after ingesting just a small quantity of the shampoo. He can take lots of fluids to wash out chemicals in the body. He can also stop worrying about it.

For the cold, cough and headache symptoms, he can take the following medicines:

- Tab cetirizine 5 or 10 mg one tablet before sleeping for consecutive nights
- Tablet brufen 200 mg as required
- Lots of fruits and vegetables

Cetirizine is an anti-allergic tablet and should work for reducing cough and cold like symptoms. It should be taken only if symptoms are present. Brufen is a pain-killer and can be taken for headache. His symptoms will subside with subside with the medicine but he may take a few days to get better completely.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee