Constipation problem. Taking softovac for getting pregnant and it became severe. Need remedy

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
Hi

I'm suffering from constipation problem since my childhood. Every morning i take 1liter of XXXXXXX warm water, which helps me get pressure. Otherwise i cant pass the motion. Usually starting portion the stool is hard and then it passes normaly. Now I'm 27 and married. I'm planning for a baby hence a doctor suggested to take softovac. Since 3days it's severe and feeling very difficult to pass the motion. The stool is as hard as a rock. I take 3-4 liters of water daily . Could you please help me get rid of this problem permanently.
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Constipation

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to Regulate Your Bowels

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for writing in

COnstipation at this age and associated with hard stool needs to be taken care of to prevent fissures and piles during pregnancy

As informed you are taking adequate fluids, I would suggest you take adequate fiber also

Along with it add a stool softner like Liq Paraffin at bed time

There are lot of other remedies for management of constipation but I would suggest you start with this and get back to me if no response

Wishing a healthy life ahead

Follow-up: Constipation problem. Taking softovac for getting pregnant and it became severe. Need remedy 6 minutes later
will this medicine not effect getting pregnant

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
For Sure No

Detailed Answer:
Hi

THanks for writing in again

Please do not worry, it will in no way hinder in conception

Wishing you a healthy parenthood ahead

Follow-up: Constipation problem. Taking softovac for getting pregnant and it became severe. Need remedy 2 minutes later
but in the internet it says not to take this tablet if trying for a baby

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I have asked you to take Liq Paraffin

Detailed Answer:
HI

It seems there is some confusion

I have mentioned you take liquid Paraffin and have not prescribed any tablet

Again all information on net is not authentic, so always consult your doctor before taking any decision

Liq Paraffin does not affect conception

Hope all clear