Constipation, piles, sweating on eating spicy food. Using homeopathic, laxative medication. Treatment for constipation?

For last one and half years I am suffering from the problem of Constipation and piles. I consulted 3 physicians and 1 gastroenterologist but problem continues. Right now I am taking homeopathic medicine (laxative) which is keeping the problem under check but not curing it. Whenever I take spicy food problem aggravates. I am also having acne at this age for last 6 months. Please suggest what should be my line of treatment and also recommend life style modification. I have one unique symptom as well -whenever I take Hot spicy food I sweat profusely form my Scalp area to the extent that my hair becomes totally wet. I am not sure is this an indication of any problem in my body.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 8 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query
Sweating while eating spicy food is common as the two process of sweating and salivation/ taste sensation are modulated by similar nerves and brain nuclei.
Acne may be the side effect of the drugs that you are taking
Constipation can be because of -
1) Slow colonic motility - usually needs continuing treatment with prokinetics and laxatives
2) Pelvic dysfunction - where there is inco-ordination between and among the pelvic muscles and the abdominal muscles making evacuation difficult. This is managed by bio-feed back exercises
3) Secondary to other diseases like hypothyroidism, anal fissure or a colonic obstructing lesion. Treatment involves correction of the cause
Hence a good history examination and few tests by your GI should be able to identify the type and then help you accordingly.
Follow-up: Constipation, piles, sweating on eating spicy food. Using homeopathic, laxative medication. Treatment for constipation? 10 hours later
Thanks a lot Dr. XXXXXXX for your valuable feedback. I will certainly consult a GI and get the things done as per your suggestion. I will request you if you can help me about life style modifications and special diet (do’s and don’ts) which can improve the situation.
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 9 hours later
Hi again
Develop a good toilet hygeine like a fixed shedule preferably soon after awakening and after eating food.
Regarding diet it should be a high fibre diet with lots of salad and a good amount of liquids. Avoid smoking and intake of alcohol