Constipation, diarrhoea. Partial bowel obstruction?

partial bowel obstruction???

I have been experiencing different type of symptoms for the last 2-4 years. consulted a gastroenterologist last march who did not think i needed a colonoscopy. recently i have new symptoms that are starting to worry me.

i am a 30
i am a male
no tobacco or alcohol use
no redmeat for the last 10 years

on the 24th of decembre arrived to cuba, no memory of any concerning symptoms prior to leaving (i am an obsessive person i think i would remeber)
did not have a bowel a movement before monday 26th, hard painful to pass formed stool
following days progressing constipation developped.
on friday 23rd started to have very small amount of diarrhera that i have to push out of rectum that continues until this day. so overall no bowel movement, when the urge is there, what is expelled is a small amount of watery stool that has to be pushed out

i kept a clear fluid diet for 24 hrs from tuesday to wednesday
i resumed eating solids today
there is no change in the symptoms
I'm convinced i am alrady losing weight
on a scale from 1-10 the bloatness is around 2-3, it does increase after a meal
cramping was worse prior to the 24hr fast, i did not experiment cramping today when attempting to resume solids

i fear that i may be experimenting partial bowel obstruction

please give your opinion and suggestions

Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 1 hour later

Painless constipation is usually not because of obstruction and is more often functional i.e. secondary to a motility disorder.

However constipation followed by watery stools may suggest a fecal impaction and an irritative process leading to loose stools.

I would suggest you to get an abdominal x-ray and tests for serum potassium, sodium. Meanwhile take some laxatives like lactitol syrup 15ml four times a day till one good bowel movement and then may be once a day for next one week.

I hope, this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.