Constipated, have white jelly like capsule in stool. Stool test showed bacterial growth and pus cell. Suggest?

I am having white/pale yellow capsule (very soft like jelly) in my stools quite frequently for last 8 months. Moreover, my stools are generally of black colour and I am generally constipated. Recently I got my stool tested and there was bacterial growth, pus cell in it. Somebody told me that the white capsule like thing may be mucuous. I have also been treated for pile & fissure recently in August 2013 by stapler method operation. Pl advise.
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

The smooth pale yellow capsule like thing in your stool could be pus or mucous.
You have already done a stool microscopy and it has suggested plenty of pus cells. This is a second evidence of you having infection.

You should undergo a course of anti biotic. In my clinic I generally prescribe my patients with ciprofloxacin 500mg twice a day for 7 days and that results in a good improvement.

It may not be related to your procedure for piles or fissure..

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.