Constantly tired, lacking concentration, lumps on scalp and behind ear. Overweight and smokes. Suggest?

I am constantly tired, lacking concentration (Prob due to tiredness), getting lumps on my scalp and lumps on my next (behind my ear) which come and go generally one at a time they dont have a head on them and take a good while to go.

Any idea what might be causing this?

I am 27year old female, overweight & smoker
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
The lumps that you are talking about that come and go over your scalp and neck are probably fur uncles or abscesses. Both there are infections and occur due to bacterial infections. You need to keep the area clean and dry, free of sweat. Also you should get your blood sugars tested as raised sugars can lead to such infections.
Regarding you being tired and lacking concentration, you need to rule out depression. It causes sadness of mood, reduced interest in work, hopelessness, worthlessness, reduced pleasure in earlier pleasurable activities along with the stated symptoms.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Follow-up: Constantly tired, lacking concentration, lumps on scalp and behind ear. Overweight and smokes. Suggest? 53 minutes later

I definitely would not say they are like ulcers abscesses as there is now pus or such coming from them they are more so just like hard lumps that come and go, I am very positive and optimistic and would be certain I have no type of depression my mood is not an issue more so being tired to the point that I am finding it hard to concentrate but I completely enjoy my life I did forget to mention that I have had trouble taking a "full breath" sometimes I feel like I just didnt get enough air in.

Please advise.

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Furuncles do not have pus always

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the add on information.
Furuncles need not have pus all the time. The infection may be present without pus as well.
Regarding problem in concentration and tiredness, depression has varying severity. However if you still feel you are not depressed then you should get a complete blood count done along with thyroid profile.
Low Hb and high TSH levels can also lead to such a complain.
Low Hb suggests anemia and high TSH suggests hypothyroidism.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD