Constantly rubbing thumb and first finger. Is it an indication of any disease?

I AM CONSTENTLY RUBBING MY THUMB AND FIRST FINGER. Have been told that this is an indiction of a problem.

Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is most likely Parkinson's Diseae

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mr.XXXX, ,

Good Day to you.

Thanks for your query. I fully appreciate your concern.

From the sketchy detail provided, your are apparently suffering from Parkinson's disease.

I cannot comment further on the basis of brief information.

I recommend that you consult a Neurologist, who has the expertise to prescribe appropriate treatment if your problem is affecting your daily routine chores.

Hope I have addressed your query to your satisfaction. If you have any further questions, I will be more than happy to help you.

However, if you do not have any further clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you a speedy recovery and good health.

Fond regards and best wishes,

Dr. (Col) R Karanwal