Constantly inverted nipples. How can I correct them?

Hello Doctor,
I am little shy asking this question, but i have to ask. Why my nipples are inverted. They never come out. Since my age of 18 when i started observing them they are like that. it gives me embarrassment. Can you please guide me how can i get them corrected.
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 45 minutes later
The inverted nipples on the breast is a physiological variation. If there is no associated breast lump, skin changes like thickening of the skin or discharge from the nipple then there is nothing to worry. This is not related to any pathology.
You can get it physically examined from a surgeon for confirmation. This seems to be a superficial skin structure variation and can only be corrected surgically if it is a cause of embarrassment to you.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.