Constantly have period. Goes for few days to return. Sometimes very heavy. What is wrong?

my healthI constantly have a period. It will last for maybe a month and.go away for a few days and come right back. Most of the time its normal but it can become very heavy. Can u give me any ideas of why this maybe.

Thank you in advance.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 47 minutes later

Get yourself examined by gynaecologist who may advise you investigations like haemogram, thyroid test, liver function test and ultrasound of uterus and ovaries.
Examination and depending on your clinical profile investigations are must to make diagnosis.

I hope I have answered your query.
Best wishes