Ask a Urologist   »  

Constantly feeling sick. Not eaten anything. Given antibiotics for water infection. Suggest

Jul 2016

I've been constantly feeling sick for a week now, I have hardly eaten anything because of this and am so tired. I was given antibiotics for a water infection but I am just constantly feeling sick.
Posted Tue, 2 Jul 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have been prescribed antibiotics for Urinary Tract Infection (water infection) and feeling sick,tired and there is severe anorexia.
I shall be happy if you can post few more details to make comments on your problem.
1) Do you have fever with chills?
2) Have you done Routine Urine test and Urine culture ?
3) What antibiotic was prescribed to you and what were the dose.
4) Do you still have symptoms of UTI ?
Your symptoms of tiredness, anorexia are due to drug induced gastritis.
Please get your culture done to find out antibiotics causing this infection and antibiotic to which they are sensitive to so that you can take appropriate antibiotic as per culture report.

Following general measures will help you to resolve your symptoms and to recover fast.
1) Please ensure to drink more water to keep yourself well hydrated.
2) Take antacids like Pantaprozole twice daily.
3) Take vitamin supplements .
3) Take more fruits like Sweet lime XXXXXXX Grapes etc
4) Have small frequent soft diet like rice,curd
I am sure this will get resolved over a period of 5 days.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Follow-up: Constantly feeling sick. Not eaten anything. Given antibiotics for water infection. Suggest 7 minutes later
I am waiting for the result of my urine sample, the antibiotics they have given me are trimethoprim.
Thanks or feedback.
Trimethoprim is known to have side effects like Gastritis .Please switch on to aprprpiate antibiotics once yo get culture report.
Thanks and Regards.