Constant urge to urinate, passing smelly urine. Took cranberry extract tablets. Any suggestion?

Hello Doctor - I am Male, 33, single suffering from smelly urine with constant urge to urinate. Have consulted with 2 doctors so far, after detailed tests, doctor said that my post voidal reside (50ml) is on the higher side and put me on cranberry extract tablets. However, i continue to have the above symptoms. Pls help, Thanks - XXXXXX
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Welcome to the forum.
You need a course of antibiotics.
If it does not help urgency, anti-cholinergics need to be taken.
It is curable and there is no need to worry.
Most important is that you need uroflowmetry test to test the speed of urine and physcial examination to look for any abnormalities.
Best regards
Follow-up: Constant urge to urinate, passing smelly urine. Took cranberry extract tablets. Any suggestion? 11 hours later
Thank You Doctor for your prompt response. Could you pls help clarify the following for me,

1) What could be the possible cause of my issue
2) What antibiotics would you recommend
3) Where could i get uroflowmetry test done in Bangalore
4) Am unsure if you are located in Bangalore, if yes - request your appointment, If not - pls recommend a good doctor in Bangalore.

Thank you again for your guidance.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 6 hours later
Welcome back.
1. Urinary tract infection with or without overactive bladder.
3. Any urologist who has a clinic for practice or a large hospital with a urologist availability. Sorry i am not based in Bangalore.
4. I do not know anyone personally, But Manipal hospital comes to my mind.
Best regards