Constant urge to swallow, barium swallow clear, diagnosed as nervous throat due to stress. Any advice?

hi for the last 18 months i have had the urge for constant swalowing ,at first i thought it was a bone from a fish,so went to my gp and she said no,and ordered a camera down the throat,i went but i was so bad they couldnt get the camera down,so i had one down the nose,which there was nothing wrong,i then had a barium swallow again all clear,i went back to the hospital for another examination and he concluded it a nervous throat due to stress and will go eventually,but its getting really annoying now have you any advise for me
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 16 hours later

You have had relevant investigations done for your symptoms. They do not seem to be conclusive of any faults in your throat and down under.

I would also agree with your doctor saying that it is nervous throat.

You should relax and not think about it for some time now.

Wish you good health.