Constant muscle twitches in arms, legs. Cartilage of ear became red, sore, swollen. Have hypothyroidism

I have had constant muscle twitches in my arms, legs, and torso for the past 5 months. This past week, the cartilage of my right ear became red, sore, and swollen. I saw a general practitioner for the ear and am being treated with an antibiotic and prednisone. He did not order blood work because he said I would get a false positive. I have hypothyroidism and asthma and a history of autoimmune disease in my family. I am concerned that I am seeing the onset of polychondritis. Is there anything else it could be? What kind of doctor should I see? How long should I wait before I make an appointment?
Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Details below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query,
There is a possibility of Relapsing polychondritis.
As you mentioned you have history of auto immune disorders in family,
the possibility becomes stronger.

Please dont worry, if the current episode is over you can just relax.
Investigation is needed only when it relapses.

You can XXXXXXX a rheumatologist.

Let me know if you have any other doubts,
Thank you