Constant fungal infection in nail, insomnia, acne, ear problems, bladder infections. Does this have anything to do with toes?

Hi, I have been sick for yrs now, I have had a fungal infection for about 7 yrs I went to a specialist who gave me meedicine but nothing worked so he basically just kept finally down the nail when it came back in deformed & painful, I stopped going to him since he couldnt help me & filed it myself but for yrs have been sick constantly with infections & tiredness & feeling cold & insomnia for many months I have been on a constant battle with yeast infections & bladder infections & ear problems & acne on my body do you think this has anything to do with my toes & the fungus on my feet since its gone to my other toes & they are painful to? thank you
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Fungal infections are often recurrent and need a vigorous treatment. If both of your feet are affected by fungal infection and there are multiple other infections like ear infection, bladder infection, etc then a lowered body immunity or diabetes could be the reason behind all your symptoms.
You need a comprehensive examination and investigations to find out any systemic abnormality. Both oral antifungals and antibacterial agents are needed for controlling the infections effectively after determining the causative organism.
I encourage you to consult a dermatologist for investigations and adequate control of fungal infections of your feet.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.