Constant farting after meal. How to get rid of this?

I am having problems with farting,especially after a meal and when i walk around.Not so much when I am sitting,but take for instant i go for a walk.walk quite briskly.Seems like I am constantly farting.
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 35 minutes later
Hi and thanks for your query,
constant farting especially of sudden onset requires some investigation. If the farting is associated with constipation, managing the constipation cures the farting. Farting which is foul smelling, accompanied by constipation could be due to excessive growth of gas producing bacteria in the colon. Excessive growth of yeast cells in the coon could also lead to this.
Avoiding dairy products during these period is advisable. Eating much vegetables, fruits, fibre, water are some temporary conservative methods that work. I suggest you XXXXXXX your stool examination and culture to be done.
Hope this helps and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Follow-up: Constant farting after meal. How to get rid of this? 1 hour later
Is there any over the counter medicine I could get to get the bacteria out of the colon.
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 6 hours later
Hi and thanks for the question,
Sure there are other medicines. But it is preferable to do a stool culture and antibiotic sensitivity test, in order to identify the exact drug that shall treat an exact bacterium causing the infection. This therefore is more specific, exact and effective and avoids use of unadapted drugs which might lead to resistance and aggravation of your health condition.
The ideal thing to do, I suggest you XXXXXXX your primary care physician, and get these stool exams and cultures with sensitivity tests done first before taking any drugs.
Thanks and hope this helps,
Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.