Constant endometrial thickness. History of post menopausal bleeding, negative PAP smear and biopsy. Should surgery be done?

my mom is 57 she had postmenopausal bleeding in october 2011 , and her endometrium thickness was 11mm then pap smear and biopsy results were negative(no cancer) . she was obese too and is having hypertension as well as blood sugar
after the biopsy ultrasound was regularly done where in her endometrium thickness is constant @ 10mm though she never had bleeding again.
do u suggest her to undergo surgery??
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 22 minutes later

In view of details I don't think she needs surgery. Since there is no cancer there is no actual indication for surgery.You can get a follow up pap smear done. A yearly pap smear with sonography can be undertaken.

Hope that answers your question.