Constant Chapped lower lip since long time

I have had constant chapped lower lip for over 6 months now.
Posted Thu, 31 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

I would be able to understand and opine better if you could provide some more information on your problem

Age and gender
Do you have any allergies ?
Do you apply any lip balms ?
Is there any dryness in the skin elsewhere in your body ?
Are you on medications ?

Also you have a feature to upload the image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

Anticipating your response,

Follow-up: Constant Chapped lower lip since long time 9 hours later
62 Year old Male, Allergic to pennicilin, Lip Balm every night before I go to bed, no dryness in skin anywhere else, I take no medications.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Based on the history provided, I would consider the problem you have is not serious and commonly seen due to lack of moisture.Such condition is most often presented in cold weather when the oil secretion from the sebaceous glands will be less.

Lip balms in some may help but a cream containing Lanolin like LANSINOH or TENDERCARE are more effective and helpful.The cream has to be applied twice daily .Also do take multivitamins which helps in healing of the lips and prevent from being dry.

Hope I answered all your questions. Please use any answer clarification before closing and rating this answer. I will be happy to explain or expand on any issue you may have.