Consistent vaginal burning. Diagnosed with gardnerella. Advised Flagyl. When will the pain alleviate?

Hello. I have had vaginal burning for one month now. Finally my culture showed I have gardnerella infection. I have been prescribed flagyl for five days, twice a day. This is the third day..when do you think I will be seeing some relief from this! I have gotten so in tune with always having the burning feeling that I am afraid it is not going to go away. I am afraid my anxiety is always going to keep this feeling going.
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 45 minutes later

It usually shows relief within 2 days.

I think your treatment needs to be changed.
Secnidazole is a newer drug, It can give you faster relief.

Please XXXXXXX your doctor and discuss regarding this.

Thank you