Consistent pain at the back of body and head. Possible causes?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
am always having pain in at the back of my body and also in my head what could that be
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
The pain in the back and head is likely to be due to muscle spasm which in itself is a protective mechanism body develops so that the back avoids abnormal posture. For pain to go, it takes not only rest (on a comfortable bed) but also avoidance of particular positions (during work, rest or recreation).
The headache that is associated can be due to migraine, raised blood pressure, anxiety, tension, etc.
Meanwhile following measures will help you with the pain:-
Have Warm shower.
Sleep on an electric heating pad under the area that is bothering you.
Stretch you muscles really well to keep them loose.
To keep your muscles warm during the day, there are many topical creams and
Take diet XXXXXXX in calcium, vitamin D and minerals.
In case the pain is persistent then do consult an orthopedician for stronger prescription medicines like pain killers and muscle relaxants.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.