Consistent heart pounding, tiredness. History of iron deficiency. Signs of low iron again?

Dec 2012

My heart is pounding all day and all night and I am very tired. Was diagnosed with iron deficient anemia in 2006 and was treated with IV iron dextran. Is it possible my iron is low again? Or a heart issue?
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 6 hours later

Yes the possibility of reoccurrence is high given a previous episode of iron deficiency anemia especially if cause was not identified and treated and possibly provide prevention. Palpitations as you are experiencing right now maybe due to anemia but that will need to be confirmed in the lab. Another most frequent cause of palpitations is thyroid disorder. Your doctor qill have to look at that.

Hope this helps

Dr. Nsah