Congestive heart failure. Pacemaker fitted. Life expectancy?

Cardiologist, Interventional
my dad is 77 and has a pasmaker and was just brought to the hospital with chf how long will he live
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 4 hours later

As your father has Pacemaker - it doesn't suggest bad prognosis.

I understand you are concerned with CHF; which is usually treatable. Since he is admitted, there is great chance that he may recover. The duration of recovery and associated complications depend on the status of the heart, like Ejection fraction, any regurgitation, blockage in the coronary blood vessel, etc.

So don't worry... Let the doctor treat him. Discuss with his treating doctor regularly and that will resolve your worries.

If you are concerned with what the doctor's say, do remember that I am available here to help you.

Wish him a healthy recovery