Congestion in ears and nose, persisting dizziness, cold. Took sudafed and antivert

Flew about a week ago felt fine after coming home. Then on Sunday(march 20) started to feel dizzy, the only time i get relief is when i am sitting down or in bed. Got what i believed was a cold on wednesday and i thought that was triggering the dizzyness. Went to a urgent care (friday march 25)and the doctor on call told me that there was no fluid in sinus or ears, gave me antivert and sent me on my way. The thing is i feel congested in ears, nose and no relief with sudifed. It's hard to do everyday things with this dizziness and get no relief no matter what i take or do. Thank you
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 4 hours later

On reading your query I feel that the dizziness which is persisting may not be related to the travel you had recently. Since we expect recovery in a week's time.

You have also been given the right medicines to control the dizziness and also tackle the sinus and ear aspects.

Since you said the doctors have examined you, and said that the sinus and ear have no fluid, I do not expect anything related to the ear drums causing the dizziness right now.

I would suggest you get your blood pressure checked again and the vision tested as well, you may have to see an ENT specialist for an opinion as well

Since you also mentioned about the cold you had sometime back , it could be a reason for the block in the ear tube , which may rarely cause some dizziness, but it may not persist even after taking the above medicines.

So, please see the doctor for a blood pressure check and a blood sugar check as well.

I am available to answer your follow up queries as well.

Wish you good health

DISCLAIMER : This advice is based upon history as provided by the patient as there is no Physician – Patient relationship established. The patient has not been examined per se. The advice is not valid for medico-legal purposes. Please see a local doctor before acting upon the advice.