Condom tore while having sex. How to avoid pregnancy?

Hello Doctor, I had sex with my girlfriend thrice in a day. when we were doing second time, condom teared off. i couldnt feel anything. when i remove my pen** out of her, sperms were spilled outside her vagina. but she told that she didnt felt anything like leaking inside. then she washed it clearly. also with hot water. we are much worried about this. i never wanted to put her in this kind of problem. that was her 11th day after periods. emergency contraceptive was not available. from that day she is having papaya and pineapple, sesame seeda, some regular exercise. please help us in this. her last period date was 09th october. one of the doctor known to me asked to have rogestrone till she gets her periods. please please help.... :( please tell us some way to avoid pregnancy. her last period day : 09 october had sex : 19th october Problem : condom tear when doing second time. But most of the sperms were spilled outside. Not sure, some may have went inside though. So we are scared about that. sex history : we have already had sex several times and never faced this kind of issue. Please help in this. whether having rogestrone will help? what shall we do? how to avoid pregnancy?
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: No use of taking regesterone tablets. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX After analyzing your query, as you had unprotected intercourse on 19th, and today is already 31st, almost 12 days got over after having sex. Now there is NO USE OF TAKING ANY EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTIVES OR REGISTERONE (which is progesterone). As her last period was on 9th Oct, my advise is to wait for her periods i.e wait till 15th of November, she might get her periods (considering the ejaculation has not occurred inside her vagina). If she don't get her periods by 15th Nov, you can expect a pregnancy, and kindly get a urine pregnancy test done. Depending on the situation, if pregnant, medical abortion can be done, after getting evaluated from an OBGY specialist.. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!
Follow-up: Condom tore while having sex. How to avoid pregnancy? 47 hours later
Okay Thanks. I have heard that abortion can be done with pills if it is less than 9 weeks or so. is that true? How the process is going to be ? I just need to be aware of these things. So it would be good if you explain me those. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Medical abortion is safe Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for the follow up question. Yes medical abortions can be done up to 9 weeks, success is very high. We give mifepristone tablet to be taken orally followed by misoprostol after 48 hours, most of the patients will start the process of abortion 6 hours after taking the last dose. These medicines to be taken under medical supervision. Most important thing before taking these medicines is confirmation of location of pregnancy, mainly to rule out ectopic pregnancy. 95% of patients will have successful abortion, but 5% may have complications like infection or incomplete abortion or severe bleeding which may require surgical evacuation. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!