Condom damaged during intercourse. Taking pills for hormonal problem & taken contraceptive pill. should i go for any other pill?

Hi i am XXXXXXX today 3 P.M i was sex with my partner and unfortunaitly during the sex partner condom was damage, i am very scared, from last 5 months i used XXXXXXX pill for hormones problem, even yesterday night i also take XXXXXXX pill it is safe for pregnency, or i sholud go for i-pill . Please help me
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 1 hour later
Thanks for your query. XXXXXXX is a hormonal pill containing Drospirenone and Ethinylestradiol and is used for problems of hormonal imbalance like PCOS (poly cystic ovaries syndrome).
Since it is a hormonal pill it will act like a contraceptive pill for you,if you have been taking it regularly and not missed a dose.
If the condom has broken accidently and you are regular in taking your pill then theere is no reason to get worried as XXXXXXX will give you contraceptive protection.
So please relax and there is no need to take I-pill.
Hope this answer is helpful to address your concerns.
If you have any query you can write back.
Please accept this answer in case you do not have any further questions.