Condom broke while having sex, have delayed periods. How to avoid pregnancy?

I had sex with my gf wearing a condom but unfortunately it got burst while having sex.she has missed her dly help me as to how to prevent the pregnancy.
Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly get a urine pregnancy test done.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX I can understand your concern, as your gf has already missed her periods, its better to confirm the pregnancy before taking any medication. If she has missed her periods for more than a week, then get a urine pregnancy test done to confirm pregnancy. If it is negative you can consult a gynaec doctor for progesterone tablets for withdrawal bleeding.
If the pregnancy test comes positive then you should consult a gynecologist to locate the pregnancy i.e. to make sure the pregnancy is in uterus and not in the fallopian tubes, then after consent your doctor might give MTP(medical termination of pregnancy) pills for abortion. MTP pills should always be used under medical supervision.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile