Condom break, swelling, yellow discharge, used savlon. STD?

Dermatologist
Question
I’m 32 year male with height 174 c.m my weight is 98 KG I was in Thailand 5 days back and during intercourse my condom got broke i immediately withdraw it . the sexworker told that she is clean but i wash my penus with soap and savlon . i didn’t dilute savlon i directly applied it on my penus. Next day my penus was swollen.
I cousulted doctor in Bangkok hospital he told me that swolling is due to savlon.
Now today my penus has some yellow fluid like septic i washed it and again after 3 hours same fluid came back. I’m too scared will i get HIV or any other STD infection. If there is a risk what i should do now will PEP help me? Kindly help me my email id is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 2 hours later

The fact that you have withdrawn the organ immediately reduces the risk of infection, added to this you have washed with savlon. The complications are due to concentrated savlon. The discharge is prepucial collection of inflammatory cells due to the side effect of antiseptic.

You dont need to worry too much on this. Just thorough washing genitalia four to five times with cold water will suffice. You may apply topical antibiotics like mupirocin and take a course of anti biotics like ofloxacin 200 mg twice a day. The question of PEP comes only in the wake of positive contact. How ever you may undergo routine screening tests from your doctor for HIV.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

regards,

Follow-up: Condom break, swelling, yellow discharge, used savlon. STD? 9 hours later
Dear Dr.thanks for your reply which has somewhat reduced my tension while in bangkok i visited Bangkok Hospital where for inflamation treatment the MD has given me Synflex ( Naproxen Sodium) 275 MG tablets which needs to be taken twice a day after meal.
I'm attaching photo of my penis which was taken in the morning. kindly have a look at the same and also is there any advanced HIV test available which will confirm the infection within 2-7 days of contact, which is 100% & guaranteed confirmation ? I'm going to do my routine test after 1-3-6 months but still if there is any advanced test available please let me know as I would like to undergo the same.
I'm waiting for your answer
Follow-up: Condom break, swelling, yellow discharge, used savlon. STD? 24 hours later
I'm attaching photo of my penis which was taken in the yesterday morning. how many days this discharge of prepucial collection of inflammatory cells is going to come? kindly have a look at the same and also is there any advanced HIV test available which will confirm the infection within 2-7 days of contact, which is 100% & guaranteed confirmation ? I'm going to do my routine test after 1-3-6 months but still if there is any advanced test available please let me know as I would like to undergo the same.or else are there any other STD test I should do ? my feet are paining. can i have Sex with my wife ? if not then for how long i should avoid the same ?
how many days i should take the medicines prescribe by you ? Please answer my queries I'm under tremendous pressure
I'm waiting for your answer

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 12 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

I have gone through your photo. it only shows inflammation. there are no HIV tests which could confirm the infective status within 2-5 days, hence you may have to wait for 90 days.

Wish you good health.

Prasad PVS

Follow-up: Condom break, swelling, yellow discharge, used savlon. STD? 15 hours later
Dear Dr.thanks for the reply today the discharge of prepucial collection of inflammatory cells was less. but i need the answer of below questions which are
1.can i have sex with my wife?
2.how many days the Mupirocine and ofloxacin 200 mg needs to be taken.
3.should i go for any other STD tests

Thanks in advance

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 2 days later
Hi ,

1. You may have to wait for a week till all the inflammation subsides. otherwise you may experience pain due to friction on the healing tissues.
2. Both mupirocin and ofloxacin may be continued only for ten days
3. There is no need as you dont have symptoms of any STD's.

Wish you good health.