Condom break during sex, washed immediately with soap. Pregnancy chance?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Me and my wife had sex on 11th day of her period, I used the condom but it got cut & some sperms may have been fallen inside her genitals , after that she immediately washed her genitals and applied sope solution, Here I would like to know can she get pregnant, I do not want her to take the famous ''I-pill'' since it should not cause some permanent damage to her ovaries or her other organ (will the i-pill damage her ovaries permanently or its just for some days?), its 48 hours now from the sex, please suggest I am slightly confused here
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 11 minutes later
As you had intercourse on the 11th day of her menstrual cycle, that can fall into fertile period sometimes.
Washing with soap solution may not completely destroy the spermatozoa especially those which might have ascended in to upper tract.
So if you do not want any doubt regarding pregnancy better to go for emergency pill as it is only 48 hours over from the act.
Single use of emergency pill won't permanently damage the ovaries.
Repeated usage can affect the fertility.
So as this is first time she can take the tablet.
If you do not want to give the pill, wait till her expected date of periods and if she miss the periods go for pregnancy test once.
For more details you can ask me through: WWW.WWWW.WW Take care.

Follow-up: Condom break during sex, washed immediately with soap. Pregnancy chance? 26 minutes later
ok thanks for the answer,
Any side effects for taking the I-pill (like bleeding, nausia etc).

one pill should not start trouble in her otherwise good health. i am worried for that and our future baby - no side effects should hamper the womb in long term, that's why I have not allowed her to take any pill till date (not even daily pills like mala-D and all).

so is the i-pill safe or with your other case studies you might have found some damages to the patients.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 6 hours later
Sometimes side effects like nausea, bloating sensation etc. can be seen.
It can alter the menstrual cycle depending on the period of menstrual cycle when the pill is taken.
Means if taken in the first half of the cycle it can prepone the periods and if taken in the second half it can postpone.
Other-than these usually single use of pill may not cause much effect on fertility.
Repeated usages can affect the fertility as I told previously.
If you are very much worried about the pill usage, as I told previously let her wait till her expected date of delivery and then go for pregnancy test to rule out the possibility.

Follow-up: Condom break during sex, washed immediately with soap. Pregnancy chance? 40 hours later
ok thanks Doctor. I will ask her to take the i-pill.

What is the best methods to avoid these things in future.
I personally do not like my wife to take any pills which are of regular use - which can damage her womb and ovaries, sine I am very much worried about her,
is there any sure method for avoiding the pregnancy (we have been planning to have baby almost after 1 year), any home remedies or anything related to alopathy or some methods, please suggest

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 8 hours later

Usually using the oc pills for limited period will not cause any harm to fertility.
If you want to avoid hormonal methods then better to go for natural methods.
But the failure rate is some what higher in natural methods compared with hormonal methods.
The natural methods are like: rhythm method, cervical mucous method, standard day method etc.
For more details:http://srsree.blogspot.in/2012/03/natural-methods-of-family-planning.html

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.