Concussion, nausea, fatigue, loose fragment on the bridge of nose. CT scan shows soft tissue trauma. Can an ENT fix the broken nose?

My 12 year old son was hit directly in the forehead by a wooden swing 3 weeks ago. He had immediate swelling and we was sent for a Head CT that was negative for anything but soft tissue trauma. He presented with many symptoms of a concussion (nausea, fatigue, slow processing, decreased appetite, headache). All has resolved. Now he has a small loose fragment at the bridge of his nose. It is slightly sore to touch. Does this need to be seen by ENT and possibly removed? Was it not seen on the Head CT because of all the swelling?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 39 minutes later

The small loose fragment on the bridge of his nose might be a fragment of fractured nasal bone.
It needs to be examined by an ENT specialist for diagnosis and reduction of the dislocated piece of bone to its proper place so that the shape of his nasal bridge is maintained after healing.

At the time of head CT, may be it was a hairline fracture which sometimes go unnoticed. Now the displacement of the bony fragment has brought it to the attention.

I suggest you to get an appointment from your ENT surgeon to know the extent of the displacement. Earlier the diagnosis, better will be the treatment.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.