Ask a Urologist   »  

Concerned about the purple color of the penis

Hi, I am concerned about the colour of my penis.. it is mainly pink but is a purple colour (similar to a light bruise) on one side at the top. This is worrying me, any advice you could offer would be appreciated

Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 42 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query
The color of the glans can vary from person to person. In your case, the pink color of the glans and the purple colored XXXXXXX could have arisen because of the following reasons:
a.     The small blood vessels under the skin get broken, particularly during intensive masturbation or other sexual activity
b.     The presence of a haematoma(a collection of blood under the skin). Unlike with a regular bruise, the skin may feel lumpy or spongy. Like bruises, though, hematomas are not usually a cause for concern
•     If you have any other symptoms like irritation, itching or discharge, then the possibility of an infection needs to be considered.
•     Trauma

I would suggest that you consult your bleed from other areas like the gums, nose, or intestinal tract (blood in the stool)
•     You get large bruises after minor injuries
•     If you experience any pain, irritation, itching or discharge

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.