Concerned about the bleeding from vagina due to injury

I'm a virign and I was using a brush handle to pleasure myself when I started bleeding. was this my hyman breaking or am I hurt?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Bleeding during masturbation can happen both due to hymen rupture or a vaginal tear.
If the bleeding has stopped completely then there is nothing to worry about as it is likely to be due to hymen breaking or a minor vaginal mucosal tear which heals spontaneously in 5-7 days.
In case the bleeding is persistent then a physical examination is the only way to know the nature and extent of injury. Further treatment depends on the cause.
In case the bleeding is still present then you need to attend an ER for proper treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.