Concerned about reduced semen and low sexual desire

Question
sexnowadays I feel like getting less amount of sperms than earlier and my sexual pleasures are also little reduced than earlier ,how can I regain it or is that any problem?
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 12 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Your question is a very interesting one and I will try to provide you with the appropriate information regarding the same.

Your question is a bit difficult to understand, hence I request you to answer the following questions so that I can suggest better.

1. You have said you feel as if you get less semen than earlier, can you quantify the amount please. I mean I would like to know how many ml of semen you used to get before and how many ml you are getting now?

2. You have said amount of sperms has reduced. I would like to get this point clear, are you specifically referring to the number of sperms per ml of semen or do you mean to say the total amount of semen itself has reduced?

3. You have also mentioned that your sexual pleasures have also reduced, I would like to know your marital status, frequency of sexual activity with a female partner.

4. When was the last time you had sexual intercourse with a female partner? Please describe the experiences. (I am interested to know the level of your sexual satisfaction, you were satisfied or not).

Generally, a male ejaculates about 2 to 5 ml of semen with each sexual act. An amount of 2 to 5 ml is normal. And you need not worry.

If you happen to ejaculate for more than 2 to 3 times per day, the subsequent ejaculations will be much less in volume. There is absolutely nothing wrong in this.

The number of sperms per ml of semen will also fall with each subsequent ejaculate.

As long as the sperm count of more than 40 million/ml you need not worry.

Sexual pleasure is a psychological issue. The reasons for not being able to enjoy the sexual act are usually a recent change in the environment or an increased stress in the life or an emotional situation.

I request you to get rid of the stressful factor in your life, then automatically your sexual pleasure will improve.

Please write back with the answers so that I can suggest accordingly.

Awaiting your response.

Regards.

Follow-up: Concerned about reduced semen and low sexual desire 16 hours later
some times my penis pains like giving electric shock to it ,is that because of any problem to me?
Follow-up: Concerned about reduced semen and low sexual desire 14 minutes later
sorry sir just now I saw your reply ,my total semen count is reduced than before ,i use to masturbate atleast two times a day is tat because of masturbation sir and im not married ,bt I had sex with my wouldbe only once that happens last month and I had sex many times with my ex girlfriend ,while doing sex im ok only ,but earlier days I had thought having sex frequently ,but nowadays it reduced ,last time when we had sex we enjoyed only ,but I didnt do any foreplay and I didnt have any oral sex ,i just directly got in doing intercourse ,earlier days I had foreplays and oral sex and enjoyed more than now

Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 1 hour later
Hi again,

Thanks for writing back with the details.

From your description I strongly feel you do not have any organic problem as such.

Mental stress and anxiety can also cause you to develop a decreased libido(Desire to have sexual intercourse).

Since you are going to get married, these problems will gradually settle down on their own as you get familiar with your would be wife.

Relax and do not worry, if you do not indulge in proper foreplay, the amount semen might reduce, but that will also resolve with time.

Important thing for you is to relax and stop worrying.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no more questions.

Wishing you a healthy sexual life ahead.

Regards.
Dr. Yogesh.D

Follow-up: Concerned about reduced semen and low sexual desire 11 hours later
sometimes my penis pains like giving electric shock to it ,is that because of any problem to me?

Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 34 hours later

Thank you for the follow-up.

The type of pain you are describing is not very usual in the penis, this type of electric shock like pain is mostly seen if there is any nerve compression. To be able to find out the reason you should XXXXXXX a urologist and get examined.

It will not be possible for me to say if you have a problem or not just by the description.

I suggest you consult a urologist once to clear your doubts.

Hope you will find this informative. Please accept my answer if you do not have any more queries.

Regards.