Concerned about periods delay. Negative pregnancy test. Help!

Infertility Specialist

We are trying to conceive! My last menstual cycle was on the 8/12/11 & lasted 6 days! My cycle is usually 33-36 days! 6days ago i had slight pink blood with mucus only when i wiped, once a day! Since then ive had slight bleeding only when i wiped! Day before had no bleeding & yesterday it was brown dry blood! I wear a panty liner but hardly has blood onit! I thought i had implantation bleeding but its spotting too long & also i took a pregnancy test 2 days ago & it was negative! So im abit concerned! Im estimating i shuldve had my periods yesterday! Hope u can help me out!
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

Thanks for you query.

Imaplantation bleeding does not last so long. It an episode for a day or two and then it stops. What you are experiencing might be your normal menstrual cycle only with little prolongation.
But if you are concernced about pregnancy 100%, then please get a blood test called "serum beta hCG". it will accurately tell about your pregnancy status. If there is no pregnancy in blood test, you can take medicines to stop spotting.

Hope I answered your query completely

All the best