Concerned about high resting pulse rate
User rating for this question
Is a resting pulse rate of 104 something to worry about? My blood pressure reading is 119/70 but resting pulse is always high. I am a 59 yr old male.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 3 hours later
Hi there. Thank you for posting your question. I will do my best to help you.
A resting pulse rate of 104 is, a bit high. Just on an empirical level I would avoid coffee and tea and use alcohol sensibly. I would also take regular exercise, avoid stress and eliminate all anxiety.
I also presume that you have your thyroid function checked.
I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.
Dr Andrew Rynne.
People also viewed
- I experience break in sleep and rapid heart rate
- I developed chest cough with heart flutters
- What are the side affected of having a metal plate in the head
- Healthy pulse rate for a man
- Wbc numerous hpf
- Concerned about high resting pulse rate
- Resting pulse rate of 113
- Rapid heart rate and shortness of breath
- Vyvanse and sun exposure
- Vyvanse acne treatment
- Resting pulse rate of 114
- I can feel my heartbeat when i lay down
- Visions astigmatism and motion sickness
- Resting pulse rate 115
- High pulse rate at rest