Concerned about high resting pulse rate
User rating for this question
Is a resting pulse rate of 104 something to worry about? My blood pressure reading is 119/70 but resting pulse is always high. I am a 59 yr old male.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 3 hours later
Hi there. Thank you for posting your question. I will do my best to help you.
A resting pulse rate of 104 is, a bit high. Just on an empirical level I would avoid coffee and tea and use alcohol sensibly. I would also take regular exercise, avoid stress and eliminate all anxiety.
I also presume that you have your thyroid function checked.
I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.
Dr Andrew Rynne.
People also viewed
- Drugs/medication for Abnormal heart beat
- Treatment and cure for Severe tachycardia
- Palm skin peeling hiv
- Treatment and cure for Episodic junctional tachycardia
- Symptoms of Severe tachycardia
- Concerned about high resting pulse rate
- Resting pulse rate of 113
- Resting pulse rate of 114
- Palm numbness
- Resting pulse rate 115
- Symptoms of Episodic junctional tachycardia
- Paneer is recommended for diabetic patient
- Paracetamol dolo 650 for cold
- High pulse rate at rest
- Papaya cucumber reduces dark circles