Concerned about high resting pulse rate
User rating for this question
Is a resting pulse rate of 104 something to worry about? My blood pressure reading is 119/70 but resting pulse is always high. I am a 59 yr old male.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 3 hours later
Hi there. Thank you for posting your question. I will do my best to help you.
A resting pulse rate of 104 is, a bit high. Just on an empirical level I would avoid coffee and tea and use alcohol sensibly. I would also take regular exercise, avoid stress and eliminate all anxiety.
I also presume that you have your thyroid function checked.
I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.
Dr Andrew Rynne.
Other Questions to read
- Child having the habit of eating selected food. How can I persuade him to eat healthier?
- Baby swallowed nasoclear drop by accident. Can this be harmful?
- Suffering from hair loss. What can be done?
- Baby sweats a lot. What should be done?
- Collar bone broken in an accident. Took treatment but no use. What will happen if it is left untreated?