Concerned about high resting pulse rate
User rating for this question
Is a resting pulse rate of 104 something to worry about? My blood pressure reading is 119/70 but resting pulse is always high. I am a 59 yr old male.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 3 hours later
Hi there. Thank you for posting your question. I will do my best to help you.
A resting pulse rate of 104 is, a bit high. Just on an empirical level I would avoid coffee and tea and use alcohol sensibly. I would also take regular exercise, avoid stress and eliminate all anxiety.
I also presume that you have your thyroid function checked.
I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.
Dr Andrew Rynne.
People also viewed
- Fast pounding heart while trying to sleep
- Fast heart rate palpitations perspiring low body temperature
- Extremely tired with heart palpitations
- Concerned about high resting pulse rate
- Resting pulse rate of 113
- Resting pulse rate of 114
- Resting pulse rate 115
- Having early cramps what could it be
- How many time should i do masturbation
- Side effects of the medicine sciatic nerve
- I have lymphoma of some discription but gp is unhelpful
- Newborn has a running nose
- Everytime i eat fatty foods my heart has trouble beating
- Esophageal spasm rapid heart beat
- High pulse rate at rest