Concerned about high resting pulse rate
User rating for this question
Is a resting pulse rate of 104 something to worry about? My blood pressure reading is 119/70 but resting pulse is always high. I am a 59 yr old male.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 3 hours later
Hi there. Thank you for posting your question. I will do my best to help you.
A resting pulse rate of 104 is, a bit high. Just on an empirical level I would avoid coffee and tea and use alcohol sensibly. I would also take regular exercise, avoid stress and eliminate all anxiety.
I also presume that you have your thyroid function checked.
I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.
Dr Andrew Rynne.
People also viewed
- 58 bpm 19 year old
- 84 bpm for 19 year old
- 195 heart rate 24 year old
- Marriage blood group match a1 ve and o ve
- Pernicious anemia and hbg a1c
- Concerned about high resting pulse rate
- Resting pulse rate of 113
- Resting pulse rate of 114
- Female 19 year old rapid heartbeat 2
- Resting pulse rate 115
- Hemoglobin 7 diabetes a1c prednisone
- Bad behaviour in kids with high a1c levels
- Lowering a1c blood sugar levels quickly
- High pulse rate at rest
- 185 pulse rate means what