Conception problem. Prescribed with Ovaa shiled tablets, Clomifene citrate, N Acetylcysteine, Astaxanthin. How will these medication help in conception?

Excellent

Question
doctor has suggested me to take ovaa shield tab (5 tablets clomifene citrate 50mg, N Acetylcysteine as film coated tablet and 25 capsules of astaxanthin) i want to know the function of these. apart from these, he suggested duphaston tablet from 14th day. me and my husband are trying for child. both of us have normal reports. i have an almost regular cycle. but not being able to concieve.
Posted Mon, 16 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.

You are taking Ovaa shield. It contains Clomifene, N Acetylcysteine and Astaxanthin.

A, Clomiphane stimulates the release of hormones needed to cause ovulation which is very important and essential for conceiving. It stimulates FSH (follicular stimulating hormone)

B, N Acetylcysteine and

C, Astsxanthin are powerful antioxidant and food supplements help healthy ovum and its development.

D, Duphaston is given for healthy uterus needed for pregnancy. It produces complete secretary endometrium so that after fertilization of ovum, it can launch in the uterine wall (endometrium) easily.

So, over all functions of these medicines are to produce ovum, helping ovulation, fertilization and launching on the uterine wall.

Hope, I answered your query. If you have any further query or clarification, please ask.

I will be happy to help.

Follow-up: Conception problem. Prescribed with Ovaa shiled tablets, Clomifene citrate, N Acetylcysteine, Astaxanthin. How will these medication help in conception? 10 hours later
i heard once that antioxidants work as natural contraceptives. is it true? if so, are the antioxidants present in the medicine going to hamper getting pregnant?

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 3 hours later
Hi,XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing back.
There is no scientific base or proof regarding natural antioxidant has any effect as contraceptive so nothing to worry.
In most of these type of cases gynecologists prescribe antioxidant for nourishment,growth and healthy ovum.
I answered your query.If you do not have any further query or clarification,you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Conception problem. Prescribed with Ovaa shiled tablets, Clomifene citrate, N Acetylcysteine, Astaxanthin. How will these medication help in conception? 21 hours later
thanks a lot doctor. just i'll be very happy to have some advice from your side to be able to conceive.

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 43 minutes later
Hi, XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing back.
As you are on the treatment,now please see that there should be ovulation in time.
Go for ovulation study and know exact time of ovulation.
This can be known with kit available in the market which shows exact time of ovulation.This can also be known with ultra sound done by your gynaec.
After ovulation go for sex for 2-3 days continuously.
After sex lying down keeping your legs touched with your chest so that semen remains in the vagina and may travel into uterine canal.
Do not go for toilet or cleaning for some time.
Try again if first time no result.
I am sure you will have pleasant motherhood.
Ok and bye.