Compression fracture, upper back discomfort. What precaution should I take to not aggravate it?

hi i recently had and accident with d12 stable compression fracture..i am 24 yrs old male,,weighing 75 kg..its been 45 days after the accident,but i still feel some difficulty in my upper back..what should i do and what precaution should i take not to aggravete it more
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Please provide me some more details on your condition so that I can opine better.

How and where was it diagnosed to be a "Stable" compression fracture?

What symptoms do you have exactly which you described as difficulty?

Are there any neurological symptoms like numbness, pain and weakness in the lower limbs or back?

Please attach here the reports of investigations performed, if any. You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

Anticipating your response.

Follow-up: Compression fracture, upper back discomfort. What precaution should I take to not aggravate it? 9 hours later
the doctor who attended me after the rta said its stable d12 compression fracture after reading the ct scan spine report at kohima..there's no numbness but some difficulty in the sense i get pain and backache in middle part of my back if i stand or seat continuosly for more than one hour..what should i do?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

Thanks for the reply.

I suggest you to consult a Physiotherapist who can help you overcome the problem and also a " Hyperextension brace " help you, whose need can be assesd by the physiotherapist.

If the pain and discomfort is increasing day by day then you may have to get a repeat CT (computed tomography) scan to rule unexpected progression of the fracture and consult your orthopaedic surgeon.

Wish you good health.