Comprehensive metabolic test done. Are the levels concerning?

i just got a comprehensive metabolic test done and my ast is 26 my alt is 33
but my albumin globulin ratio is 2.4 is this in your opinion any cause for concern?                
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Radhika 50 minutes later

As the normal values for Alanine transaminase (ALT) is 9 to 52IU/L and Aspartate transaminase (AST) 10 to 35IU/L, I would like to reassure you that these enzymes lie in the normal range.
The normal value for A: G (Albumin/Globulin) ratio is (1.2 to 1.5). Even though the value is definitely higher, I would like to have you get this particular test repeated so that a laboratory error can be ruled out.
However, if the repeat result is also in the same ramge, then the following conditions need to be considered:
a.     A condition where there is an underproduction of immunoglobulin’s which may be seen in some genetic deficiencies and rarely in some leukemias.
b.     Hypothyroidism
Confirming the presence of these disorders would require further testing. I would first recommend you to repeat the test and consult your general physician for an evaluation if the test is abnormal again.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.