Compounded tablet of test, finasteride, letrox, erectile dysfunction. Compound effective ?

My doctor has prescribed a compounded tablet of Test 200mg+Finasteride0.5 mg + Letrox 0.1 twice daily for ED and otherside benefits. I am 73, type two diabetic on Metformin, Actos and Glipizide. My research has not convinced me of the efficacy of this compound.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I have to say that I as well am not convinced of the potential efficacy of this compound. I have never seen a large randomized, statistically controlled clinical trial where such a combination agent has been proven to be not only safe but also effective for treatment of ED.

I would seek a second opinion on this. If you have no history of cardiovascular disease it is my feeling that one of the prescription agents such as Viagra or Cialis may be of equal or better benefit to you. My concern with testosterone containing medications is that those are only indicated when a patient has a documented testosterone deficiency. I respectfully disagree with your physicins recommendations and urge you to seek another opinion of a board certified urologist or XXXXXXX medicine specialist.

I thank you again for the query and hope this has served to be informative and helpful. Should you have additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga