Complicated UTI, pus cells, heavy growth of E.colis. Severe burning and pain while urinating. Treatment ?

I have complicated UTI . Pus Cells are numerous and 15-20% hpf. Urine culture reports states the heavy growth of E.Colis. I have severe pain and burning sensation while urinating and urge of passing the urine immediately. Which medicine should i take and what all things should i eat and drink?
Posted Wed, 20 Jun 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 40 minutes later

I understand your query and concern.
UTI is considered complicated UTI, if there is associated block or stone in the urinary tract.
Do u have any of these? Have u undergone ultrasound scan to check for the above?
For the infection as such, You need appropriate antibiotics as suggested by the urine culture and sensitivity report.
Also urinary analgesics will help you. Both of the above can be prescribed by your consultant.
In addition, plenty or oral fluids, like water, fruit juices, coconut water is advisable.
Hope I answered your query. Kindly get back for any further queries.
Get well soon.
DR G Srinivasan