Completed treatment of Levoquin. Bowel movement got better. Is it normal?

Thank you. I have just completed a 10 day treatment of Levoquin (msp). My bowel movements have never been so good. They are big, plumpy and float. I ache a little afterwards down below. I have never seen such large movements. Is this normal. Thank you.
Down below is my anus area and the lower part of my stomach, left hand side.
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This sounds normal.

Detailed Answer:
So you are saying that when you started treatment for the sinus infection with Levaquin, you noticed that your bowel movements got better. The other thing that I am going to suggest is that diverticular disease (most commonly affecting the colon on the left lower side) might be an issue. Levaquin can be used to treat diverticulitis, and there may have been a change in your bowels related to this treatment.

Given your age, you are likely due for a colonoscopy. If you had one, and it was normal, I would still have you consider going in to a GI specialist and see if there is any indication for further evaluation.

I hope that this helps and good luck!