Completed menstrual cycle,persistent spotting.

Hi, i am 30 years old. i completed my menstrual cycle from 27th april to 2nd may 2011, after 3 days again i had spotting which is still there? what should i do? please help? i have taken 4 tablets of trapic for the past 2 days
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 2 hours later

Spotting after periods is called metrorrhagia. This can be due to functional or organic cause.

Functional cause is a disturbance in the level of hormones. This is most often normal. Organic cause can be due to any underlying cervix, uterine disorders like Fibroids, polyps, Endometritis.

Sometimes before ovulation old menstrual blood can also be present as spotting for a day or two and this is a normal phenomenon.

You have mentioned that you are taking Trapic mf and I hope that you are taking it under Medical supervision.

Even after taking Tranexamic (Trapic) if it does not subside I suggest consider visiting a Gynecologist for evaluation. She can do a better vaginal and pelvic examination to check for local lesions as said above. I also suggest a Pap Smear if you have not done it for the past one year.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up query if any.