Completed a week of Augmentin for yeast infection. Having itching all over body. Benedryl didn't help. Suggest?

Last Sunday I completed a week of Augmentin, and Monday night was my last yeast infection treatment. Since Friday am, I have been itching all over my body without a rash or any changes in food, toiletries, no insect bites, etc etc. Could this be yeast related? Benedryl barely helps and Singulair is not helping.
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
This whole body or generalised itch is known as generalised pruritus.
Scabies, contact dermatitis ( dueto new creams, soaps, cosmetics, any other allergen), old age, liver or kidney disease, urticaria, diabetes, thyroid disease, dry skin, drugs can lead to such kind of itch.
In your case age, dry skin, diabetes could be the cause but other causes needs to be ruled out. For the same consult a dermatologist near by for clinical examination and investigations like blood tests etc .
In the interim, you may take tablet cetirizine twice in a day. Also apply a good emollient/cream all over the body along with a mild steroid cream twice in a day.

Hope that helped. Should therebe a query, feel free to write back.