Completed 9 months treatment of lymph nodes TB. When to plan pregnancy?

I am 26 years married woman.I have completed 9 months treatment of lymph nodes TB .After how much time i should plan for pregnancy
Posted Sat, 21 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It should be fine

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking.

Tuberculosis is a chronic infection needing 6-9 months of treatment,If you have already completed the course you can plan the pregnancy any time.I do not think so that postponing it is warranted.

Only word of caution is you need to check your liver profile as long term treatment can worsen it and pregnancy because of cholestatic nature can also have adverse effect on liver.Just be sure that liver is recovered well enough.

Thanks, Please let me know if you need more information.

Follow-up: Completed 9 months treatment of lymph nodes TB. When to plan pregnancy? 4 hours later
Hi Sir,
By which test i can make sure that my liver profile is working fine or not.
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Blood test

Detailed Answer:
You can go for liver function test by doing blood tests namely Serum bilirubin, SGOT, SGPT and alkaline phosphatase.