Complete hysterectomy done. Taking replens. Noticed large white clumps during intercourse. What's wrong?

Hi. I am 36. I had a complete hysterectomy (including tubes and ovaries) Four months ago. I do take Premarin, but still seem to have a lack of lubrication. I have used Replens 3 times on the past week, and we've had intercourse twice during this time. Both times during and after I have lots of clumpy white material come out and be all over my husband. It is not normal discharge, but large white clumps that appear to be like clumps of toilet paper. We know it is not toilet paper. What is this coming from? I thought that it could be coming from using Replens the first time, but it is so much that of we would clump it all together it is the size of several cotton balls. It does not smell or itch.
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 2 hours later
Thanks for writing to us on health care magic.

I went through your history in detail and understand your concern.
Yes , medications do cause alteration in vaginal mucosa. There is imbalance in vaginal flora and microorganisms. This results in a entity called leucorrhea.
If vaginal discharge is non itchy and non foul smelling, vaginal infection is ruled out.
To rule out asymptomatic vaginal infection with yeast , you need to do a swab test.
Treatment depends on the diagnosis.
Maintain personal hygeine and avoid any kind of allergens to genital organs.
Hope this helps.
Dr Nilofer