Complaining of leg pain. Have ankylosing spondylitis. Show swelling no fracture. Complains only pain. Suggest?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
My 5 year old son came home from school 7 (Thursday)days ago limping slightly. By that evening he was complaining of leg pain ... Said he fell in gym class. He complained frequently that evening and next two days .. Limp getting worse and now he's crying in pain. On Saturday, I take him to urgent care. They X-ray ankle and shin. Comes back negative. By Monday he's still crying and limping I call pediatrician. I have ankylosing spondylitis .... I'm worried it's his hip. Pediatrician orders a hip X-ray. It is negative. He's still crying and limping. Ibuprofen and heat help a little but don't relieve it. I kept him home from school 1 day to stay completely off leg. Still no better. On Tuesday. I try a podiatrist. He X-ray's foot Shows some swelling but no fracture. He feels he should be better in a few days. It is Wednesday and I see no improvement in limp and pain isn't subsiding. He complains of pain mostly at rest ?!?? He is not usually a complainer and nothing has ever bothered his this long
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Do not worry.
Because the xray is not showing any fracture.
If there is swelling in the foot, it could be hematoma or take rest and avoid weight bearing for few days.
If the pain still persists you can get a splint or strapping done which would prevent further increase in pain and swelling.