Complaining of frequent urination and lack of sleep. What to do?

Hi, My grandfather (82 yrs old) is complaining that he was not able to sleep as he need to urinate atleast 5 to 6 times in the night. I have attached the report which we have taken for him. Please analyse and let me know what needs to be done for this problem. Thanks in Advance!
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 36 minutes later

Your grandfather has two problems,

1. He has prostate enlargement which is causing obstruction to the urine flow and because of this he is not able to completely empty his urinary bladder.

2. He has got Urinary Infection.

You should XXXXXXX your doctor there and start antibiotic for the infection. if patient is sick or the kidney function is bad he may need admission to hospital and injectable medications.

prostate cancer should be ruled out by clinical examination and lab tests.

medicines for obstruction because of prostate should be started. These include alfuzosin. Most patients respond to medication. only some will require surgery.

blood tests for kidney function and complete blood counts to be done.

Hope he gets well soon.