Complaining of ear pain. Suggest first aid?

My daugther is complaining about ear pain. Can you suggets a first aid?
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Ibugesic syrup will help

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

I understand that your daughter has pain in the ears since evening.

In such incidents in my practice I would advice a pain killer syrup for pain relief. I would prescribe Ibugesic plus 5 ml two to three times a day based on your child's weight.

I would also suggest you take your daughter to an ENT specialist for complete examination, because without looking into the ear it would not be possible to prescribe an antibiotic if there is any need for it.

Do not put any drops in the ears without consulting an ENT doctor, because the cause for pain could be impacted wax and by putting drops you will be making it worse.

If you do not have Ibugesic syrup, you can give 250mg of paracetamol tablet (Half tablet of crocin 500), this will also reduce the pain and she can sleep.

There is no other first aid which you can do as of now.

Hope this information is of help to you. Please do feel free to write back if you have further questions.

Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery.