Complaining of chest pain. X-ray showed Inhomogenous patch opacity seen in RM2. Meaning?

Feb 2013

My son(age-11 Yrs) was complaining of chest pain. The pediatrician advised TSH test, Chest X-ray PA View, CBC ESR, S.Ca++ and ECG. The reports are as follows:
ECG - Tall RJ V1. Echo Normal, Initial TR (RH+16)
Haemoglobin 11.9 gm/dL
PCV - 38.1 MCV - 74 fl RDW - 14.4 %
DLC P: 68 L: 29 M: 1 E: 2 B: 0
Platelets: 0000/ cmm
Opinion: ESR - 18 (Wintrobs Meth)
TSH - 0.845 (ref range : 0.640 - 6.270)
Calcium - 10.1 mg/dL
Chest X-ray report- Inhomogenous patch opacity is seen in the RM2, Cariac shadow is normal, Both CP Mgks are normal, Imp-Consolidation - RM2

Is anything serious.
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

ECG changes are looking like insignificant.

2D Echo, TSH, calcium levels, and ESR are looks in normal ranges.

What I concern about the results of chest X-ray report and CBC report.

Chest X XXXXXXX is suggestive of consolidation which means there is lung infection on right side which is commonly called pneumonia.

And in CBC polymorphs are more which are suggestive of bacterial infection.

What about total WBC count?

The pneumonia will present as chest pain in early stages because of pleural involvement.

Pneumonia requires hospitalization, treatment with intravenous antibiotics, and other supportive treatment.

Hence I advise you to consult the pediatrician for the interpretation of investigation and to correlate these results with child clinical history and for further management.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.